Whenever my cat drops a whisker, I can’t help but to think it is the perfect opportunity for a spell. One thing that works of fiction get right is that whiskers, hair, or other similar vessels of DNA can strengthen the tie between a spell and its object, making the spell more powerful. Since I fret over my kitty’s health and safety like a helicopter mom, I decided a protection spell would be the best way to take advantage of his fallen feeler. Below is the spell I designed, using only ingredients I had on hand.
- glass bottle, small
- whisker or fur of pet
- bay leaf for health
- sage for good choices
- salt for protection
- baking soda for clean body & mind
- red cloth
- red ribbon
- red candle
- Prepare yourself, your space, and your materials in your accustomed manner (e.g. cast a circle, invoke your deities, etc.)
- Combine whisker/fur, bay, sage, salt, and baking soda in glass jar.
- Cover the opening of the jar with the red cloth, and tie it in place with the red ribbon.
- Light the candle. Build up your energy and charge the bottle and candle with your intent. Imagine your pet safe and healthy, watched over by a protective force even when you are away from home.
- With that image firmly in your mind, drip the wax from the red candle over the cloth and ribbon, sealing the bottle shut.
This is what the finished product will look like: Now keep it somewhere safe and out of the way, and let the spell do its magic. Remember: action taken in the spiritual world is meant to be paired with action taken in the physical world as well. Do a quick sweep of your living space to make sure all poisonous plants, electrical cords, and other dangers are out of your curious critter’s way.
Have you ever done a pet protection spell? What other spells do you do for your pets? Talk to me in the comments!