One of the most onerous aspects of young professional life is the need to put yourself out there at industry networking events. Recently, I found myself facing two in one week and decided to call in some spiritual backup. I crafted this simple spell to help me shine bright and in my best light in order to get the most out of my networking experience.
- carnelian for charisma, charm, and confidence
- rosemary for remembrance, so your new contacts remember you clearly and fondly
- yellow candle for success in career and financial matters. Bonus points if it is beeswax, which brings to mind hard work and sweet rewards
- red drawstring pouch, or red cloth and string to make a makeshift pouch. Red is for passion, and will help you come across as energetic and enthusiastic about your work
- Cleanse your carnelian crystal in your customary manner, such as leaving it out under the moonlight. For more options, see my primer on crystals post.
- Get into your ritual mindset. Light the yellow candle and state your intention.
- Pass the carnelian, rosemary, and red pouch through the smoke of the candle three times each, while focusing on what they represent, what energies they bring to the spell.
- Place the rosemary and carnelian in the pouch and then clasp it in both hands. Close your eyes and envision a networking event gone well.
- Imagine a pulse of energy with that vision of success flowing from your heart, through your arms, and into the little red pouch.
- Blow out the candle and close out your ritual.
- Keep the pouch in your purse or pocket throughout the event. Touch it whenever you need a boost.
Knowing I had my amulet in my pocket helped me feel more confident at my events and I hope it will help you at yours.
What spells have you used to aid your career? What other work-related predicaments would you like to see a spell address? Let me know in the comments!